When I was doing glassblowing for chem lab in college, we just used
regular air-natural gas burners for Pyrex with no problems. I don't
remember seeing any oxygen tanks around the glass shop either, the
department had a first-class shop that handled work from states all
around. Had several big Litton glass lathes in there.

Why not see if you can find a shop at a local college or university
and see what they use. Another source would be a neon sign maker's
operation. It might give you a better idea of what you need to start
with.

Stan