William R. Walsh

Hi!

This probably happened when someone was moving the TV set. The cable was too
short and the connector on the end of that box just got ripped out! I've
never had it happen and I've always found the ones on the TV sets here to be
very firmly attached, but I guess with enough abuse anything is possible.

You could try to locate a new end (it's probably a 75 ohm round, possibly
"female" connector...sorry, I don't know the exact term for that type) and
if you have the time, skill, and an understanding of how to work safely
inside the set, it could possibly be repaired. A new module is probably
rather expensive and likely will be hard to find given that Orion is a
lower-end brand that may not have a lot of service parts available.

If you can't get the parts or don't feel comfortable working inside the set,
then you could probably just use it as it is with the video/audio inputs.
The set shouldn't "notice the difference" and you could use a VCR or cable
box as a tuner. I doubt that the safety of the set will be impacted in any
significant way.

William