Peter Bagrationoff

Good for you!

SteveB wrote:
"Peter Bagrationoff" wrote

Just make sure a

licenced plumber installs it or you won't get the rebate!

A "licensed plumber" installed a new heater for my neighbor, a very anal
type. The neighbor, not the plumber. The nice plumber only charged Dan
$600. Dan, of course, got the heater on sale at Home Depot, so saved a lot
there. And since it was done by a "licensed plumber", it is warrantied, as
Dan explained. Well, the water heater is warrantied, and Dan would ONLY
have to pay the labor to have it changed.

I, on the other hand, change my own. In the family, we have three
residences, and four rental properties. When it starts goofing up, I shoot
it and drag it to the curb. I buy another at HD. Of course, I save the
$600 plumber's labor, and I figure that puts me two water heaters ahead each
time I change one myself, thus giving me a "two water heater warranty." I
like that better because I don't have to keep all those papers, and I won't
go out of business in the next ten years (hopefully) and leave myself
hanging on to a worthless warranty.

If I do go out of business (die) in the meantime, I ain't going to give a
hoot about the water heater anyway. Warranties are like toilet paper. Good
for wiping, and not much else.

Steve