Lobby Dosser

"George" george@least wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

George wrote:
"Denis Marier" wrote in message
Every where we hear that they did not use the wheel.
I wonder if these civilizations have ever use a tool like the
lathe

produce crafts.

Apparently the wheel was not known to them, though I believe there

are known
wheeled toys from the Aztec.

It's a bit of a problem for Mormon theology, as the wheel would
have

been
well-known to the Israelites. It's also a bit strange that the

"aliens"
never passed along the modest technology of the wheel while
teaching

the
Amerinds all the advanced math and astronomy. Perhaps their

"chariots" had
no wheels, in spite of Von Daniken..

=====

I don't know about the \Aztecs, but the Myans did indeed know about a
Wheel. It was a Holy symbol, and therefore, they would not use it for
anything a mundain as a tool. Their calander is round.
The Other Bruce

Is a circle a wheel?

With no axle, it's just a circle.

With no spokes, or other means to attach it to an axle, it is a circle.