Roger Shoaf

The first thing you need to do is check the anode and the dip tube. The
best thing I have ever seen on water heaters is he

http://waterheaterrescue.com/

When you read through the information here you might very well take steps to
make the one you have last as long as you own your house.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"tivo-guy" wrote in message
I'm looking for some advice on when to replace a water heater. Obviously
when it ruptures and water goes all over your basement is a good time, but
prior to that, what is a good rule of thumb. The reason I'm asking is

that
our local gas company is offering a $200 rebate to customers for their
purchase and installation of a new water heater. Our 50-gal water heater
appears to be functioning just fine but it's 10 years old. From what I can
tell it has a 5 year warranty from Rheem. I'm wondering if it would be

wise,
or overly cautious, to replace it at this point. Any advice? Thanks.