Joseph Meehan

tivo-guy wrote:
I'm looking for some advice on when to replace a water heater.
Obviously when it ruptures and water goes all over your basement is a
good time, but prior to that, what is a good rule of thumb. The
reason I'm asking is that our local gas company is offering a $200
rebate to customers for their purchase and installation of a new
water heater. Our 50-gal water heater appears to be functioning just
fine but it's 10 years old. From what I can tell it has a 5 year
warranty from Rheem. I'm wondering if it would be wise, or overly
cautious, to replace it at this point. Any advice? Thanks.

Local conditions make the biggest difference and different brands and
models also make a difference. The best way is to be in a new development
where all the homes were built at about the same time using the same hot
water heaters. As you start seeing your neighbors replacing theirs, it is
time to do the same.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math