Rick Brandt

chillermfg wrote:
"Rick Brandt" wrote in message
What would the use of regular stainless have to do with using
refrigerator magnets? Magnets stick to stainless. Perhaps you're
thinking of aluminum?

Evidently you are not familiar with stainless steel. Ok to give you
the benefit, some stainless steels are magnetic. The more ferritic
properties of the SS will result in higher magnetism. Most of the SS
used for appliance cabinetry are Austenitic Grades. (See Below)

[snip]

Fair enough. I just know that magnets stick to my SS sink. If this is a
"grade" issue why would appliance makers opt for the type that is non-magnetic?
Are there advantages to that type that benefit an appliance?