Phil Kangas

"Phants" wrote in message
Date: December 26, 2004 5:37 PM

Interesting link there, kklein! I'm surprised more

posters
have not paid more attention to the phenomena of

supercooling!
That is more interesting to me. I have seen this _many_

times in
my sauna, a separate building out back, in the water

pails. The
temp can go down into the upper twenties and the water

in the
pails is not frozen but all it takes is the slightest

movement and the
water crystallizes completely to the bottom!

Phil;

I do not see the original post or the link...
Please repost the link and / or the text of that post...
I am very interested and curious...
Thanks,
JHbs

Here's that link again:
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic...hot_water.html

scroll to the end of it and there is a section on
supercooling.
I wonder how many people have actually seen this happen!
Phil