Andy Hall

On 29 Dec 2004 00:15:45 -0800, "Mike Pepper"
wrote:

I really like the idea of a hard disk - no more hunting round for a

blank tape with enough free space left; no more hunting round for

that
tape with the final episode of '24', which I know is there

somewhere -
but have some concerns...

I very much like the sound of the hard disk based systems too, but one
critiscm I have read is of excessive noise from the units, (presumably
fan noise and noise from the HDD itself). - Has anyone who owns such a
unit got any comments on this?

I have one of the Sky units and you can only hear the disk if you put
your ear very close to the unit, and even then it's very quiet.
In a cabinet and a few metres away, it's inaudible.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl