Zymurgy

Default Cheap wall tiles

PoP wrote
(Zymurgy) wrote:

I never want to do a tiling job again.....

I said that after the bathroom. Fortunately I'd bought the biggest
tiles the wall would allow and I did the lot with 90.

I did come across some large format wall tiles, and that got me wondering
whether this would make tiling in a bathroom easier?

I'm sure it must do as there are less operations involved.

Much easier as the coverage is greater, and fewer line-ups to be done.

/But/ make sure the walls are sraight and as true as possible. They
are a nightmare if the wall is uneven. I have some interesting 'build
ups' of adhesive behind mine in places.

I also noticed in Homebase that they had packs of 4mm tile spacers.
I've been using 2mm, and wondered whether 4mm spacers would improve
tiling operations?

I think the grout lines would be too wide on a wall with 4mm spacers.
You'd also use a hell of a lot of grout, and that white microban stuff
is pricey.

4mm on floors is fine, and the Grey grout is cheap as chips.

Cheers,

Paul.