Barry N. Turner

Yes, my compressor is 220 volt. For me, that wasn't a problem. Home Depot
does have several smaller (but still larger than a pancake) compressors that
operate on 110.

Barry

"Bruce Ferguson" wrote in message
Barry, is that 60 gal compressor 220v ac???? for me that is an issue as
there is only 110v in the garage opps shop. I have wondered the same

thing
the original poster. Seems to me Home Depot has a 25 gal with accessories
for around $300. You know how it is, I won't be useing air tools and 6
months later you are trying them out. Thanks for the info.

Bruce
"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
For about $379, you can get an upright compressor from Home Depot or
Lowe's
(made by Campbell-Hausfield) with a 60 gallon tank. It's rated for 6

HP,
but it's probably more like 2 or 3 actual HP.

The pancake compressors are just so cute! I looked at several this past
summer and was very tempted to buy one. I was looking at a Dewalt/Emglo
for
about $329.

For about $50 more, I got a real compressor that will handle most

anything
want it to do, spray finish and run most air tools. I use a blow gun a
lot
to clear chips off my lathe or to clear hollow turnings. My compressor
runs
only occasionally. Much better than one of the little ones kicking on
every
time I use the blowgun.

The small portable/pancake/stack tank models are primarily intended to
power
brad guns and nail guns and they do that very well. For much else, you
need
a bigger compressor. If you are using a mini air grinder, similar to a
dental drill, a small compressor could be enough. Just check the tool's
air
consumption requirements and buy the compressor that you need. It's not

real problem to buy more compressor than you need, but the reverse of

that
can be a real pain.

Barry

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello folks, need some advise. I want to get a small compressor to blow
air out of my turnings and use a small air sander. I have seen a Porter
Cable pancake one that comes with a brad nailer. It has received good
reviews for use with nailers but nothing about continuous/short burst
use. My wife will also use it when with a mini air grinder for her
scrollsaw/intarsia stuff.. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Guy