pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show jim rozen
wrote back on 27 Dec 2004 17:10:37 -0800 in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
In article , pyotr filipivich
says...
It is also my misfortune to currently live in a neighborhoods where two
bedroom apartments costs $850 a month.

I don't think there's a single one of those in all of NY state at
this point. You can easily pay the mortgage on an entire house
for what it costs in rent for a two bedroom apartment.

I live in the Seattle area, friends live in Albany Oregon. She's
paying 350 for a two bedroom duplex. "If it wasn't for the commute .."
And so it goes.

Heck, I can remember having to make due with only a black and white
television, no cell phone, and the only phone in the house was a rotary
dial model!

You had a *dial*? We still don't have those here.

Hah. Okay so it was my great grandfather who told the Bell company to
start stringing the wire, he'd have his brother in laws signed up when they
got the phone line to his place.

Ha! I traded the electric typewriter for a manual model. What the
heck, if the power was out, I couldn't use the electric.

Every so often, Dad starts talking about when he was a kid ("There was
only one continent in those days ...")

Anyway, he'll tell the "kids" at the Mission that he still has his
"bat" - and shows them his fist. He used to gripe, that unlike some of the
other kids, his Dad went to work six days a week. (OTOH, Pop was high
enough up that he only needed a half day on Saturday.)

Sheesh, I'm getting to the point where I can remember "the good old
days" and how lousy they really were.

--
pyotr filipivich
The two oldest cliches in the book are "The Good Old Days were