Mark

Default staining hardwoods

work for a company that installs custom cabinets and moldings. Almost
everything we do is paint grade, MDF and poplar. The other day it was
raining I was stopped from picking up some maple 1 x by my shop Forman. He
stated that if the wood got wet it would not be any good for staining. I
have never heard this before. Is there any truth to this. He is basing this
off of a previous mantel that had gotten wet and had to be removed because
the staining didn't come out right. I don't know who stained it but my
guess is that the owner did and had no idea what he was doing. thanks.