tony sayer

Default House buying process

In article , Gin Smith
writes
(Andy Coleman) wrote in message news:973dde6c.040304083
(jah_aaa) wrote in message news:a519acb6.0403031004.42e

Hi,

not sure if the right group, but here goes anyway:

We are first time buyers and have had an offer accepted on a house,
and both ourselves and the vendor are after a "quick" sale. Both are
chain free.

My question is this:

What sort of timetable would be a quick sale? When should I start
hassling solicitors and surveyers and the vendors?

Anyone with a rough timescale for the next few weeks??

thanks,

I sold a house a couple of years ago to some first time buyers. I was
moving into a flat I owned while we looked for another house so it was
a similar situation to yours. I can't remember the exact dates but the
whole process took not much more than four weeks and that was over a
Christmas period. So it can be done if both sides have solicitors that
are on the ball and the finance is straight forward.

Andy

well i had been renting the house i bought for 3 years prior to buying
- landlady gave me 1st refusal - she sold including all contents
having deducted potential estate agent fees fom the asking price.
There were no upper or lower chains, but due to the PITA solictor it
still all took just over 2 months

Gin

Always seems the solicitors and legal ones for any delay. The one that
did my last conveyance refused to take any communications via e-mail!.

Just how olde worlde is that?..
--
Tony Sayer