JTMcC

"Tekkie" wrote in message
t...
Lil' Dave posted for all of us....

had to have permanent meter loop installed vice a temporary. This
provides
power to the water well pump (30 amp breaker two phase), and a 120V GCFI
outlet (20 amp one phase) for the home contractor subs.

There is no two phase power. Single or three phase.

There is such a thing as two phase, but it's pretty uncommon these days. I
believe it's still in use a few places back east. It used to be more common,
in the early days of electrification.You can convert 3 phase to 2 phase with
what I believe is called a Scott-T transformer?

JTMcC, certainly no electrical expert, but I have relatives that are.

If you live outside a
manufacturing area then you most likely only have single phase. You might
be referring to a double pole breaker to your well that gives 240 volts to
the pump.

I suggest you get a little more knowledge so you can understand what you
are
being told. Search engines are your friend.
--
Tekkie