Bruce in Alaska

In article ,
Ignoramus24153 wrote:

I believe that the neutral is bonded to the frame.

I also expect to have a transfer switch that will only switch hots.

i plan on having separate neutral and ground wires going from home to
the genset.

If the previous is not the case, then you must connect it to a grounding
electrode system. If your are serving a premises with a grounding
electrode
system, it must be the same, meaning connect directly to it, or drive a rod
and connect the rod to the existing grounding electrode system. It must be
one grounding system, not isolated.

There are lots of other things to consider like how you will transfer the
loads to the gen, and such, but go carefully.

That's exactly why I want to explore opinions and come up with a solid
plan. I do not want to have the generator grounded separately without need.

For my operations, I have all the gensets wired with the Neutral, Ground,
and both Hot Legs comming out as sperate wires. They then connect to
the Main Transfer Switch where both Hot Legs and Neutral, are switched.
The Neutral and Ground are Bonded at the MAIN 240Vac Panel, which is
where the Grounding Rod is also connected. At the 240/120Vac
Transformer, the Neutral on the 240Vac winding goes back to the Neutral
at the Main Panel, and one side of the 120Vac winding is brought to
the Neutral Buss in the 120Vac SubPanel, which is also Bonded to the
Ground Rod, to establish Neutral and ground for the secondary side
of the Transformer. One Breaker in the 120Vac SubPanel feeds the
Input to my 4024 Trace inverter, which then feeds the 120Vac Inverted
SubPanel, where the Neutral and Ground are not bonded. This is because
the Ground Connection on the Inverter is common to both Input and Output,
therefor the bonding in the 120Vac SubPanel sets the Ground on both
sides of the Inverter. The 120Vac Inverted SubPanel then feeds the
Cabin Subpanel, as well as the ToolShed and GenShed Circuits.

Bruce in alaska
--
add a 2 before @