Fred McKenzie

Looking to replace a telescoping rod antenna for a SWL set.

None of the "usual" sources on the net seem to carry them but the
general category is so ubiquitous that somebody must have them
available at retail.

Rich-

Perhaps they no longer carry such items, but Radio Shack used to have a line of
telescoping antenna replacements. You might look for an old copy of their
printed catalog and see if yours is listed. Since they converted from printed
catalogs to the web-based catalog, it is hard to find data.

Also try Digi-Key. I think that is where I saw an extensive listing of
antennas.

Have you looked for an exact replacement from the manufacturer? They might
have a US presence with an 800 number, where you can order replacement parts.

Another possibility is that particular radio was sold by Radio Shack with their
name on it. You can order parts for much of their equipment if it isn't too
old.

Fred