Andrew Koenig

wrote in message
oups.com...

Hello. I'm referring to the light that's attached to the ceiling, in
one of the rooms of my house. When I first turn it on by flicking the
light switch on the wall, it flickers on and off a bit for like half a
second or so, but then it stays on continuously at a constant
brightness.

If it's a flourescent light (which includes the "energy-saving" types that
screw into Edison sockets), that's normal.

If not, it suggests an intermittent contact somewhere, which could cause
trouble down the road. I would start by replacing the bulb. If that
doesn't do it, remove the fixture and check the wire-nut connections--once
in a great while they loosen up. Ditto for the switch. If none of those is
the culprit, I'd be inclined to call an electrician, if only because I'm
wary of unexplained circuit interruptions.