Duane Bozarth

GregP wrote:
... All of this put down of cheap gear seems
to have more to do with something other than utility.

There's a difference between "cheap" and "inexpensive" and there's also
a difference in objectives of the owner/user, plus the personal
preference of some for things that work well as opposed to "get by"...if
you're satisfied w/ what you got, fine...I've found that every time I've
tried to cut corners on a tool I end up being so dissatisfied that it
costs me more in the long run because I'm out the initial expense plus
the expense of getting the better tool anyway.

On a RAS in particular, and what I was thinking of when writing the
repeatability of the arm position is poor at best and the arm is not
rigid enough to stand up to heavy use. I just detest having to fiddle
around to get the precise angle I want every time...w/ the Original Saw
Company radial, the blocks are set and reproducible every time...