Bruce Ferguson

Barry, is that 60 gal compressor 220v ac???? for me that is an issue as
there is only 110v in the garage opps shop. I have wondered the same thing
the original poster. Seems to me Home Depot has a 25 gal with accessories
for around $300. You know how it is, I won't be useing air tools and 6
months later you are trying them out. Thanks for the info.

Bruce
"Barry N. Turner" wrote in message
For about $379, you can get an upright compressor from Home Depot or
Lowe's
(made by Campbell-Hausfield) with a 60 gallon tank. It's rated for 6 HP,
but it's probably more like 2 or 3 actual HP.

The pancake compressors are just so cute! I looked at several this past
summer and was very tempted to buy one. I was looking at a Dewalt/Emglo
for
about $329.

For about $50 more, I got a real compressor that will handle most anything
want it to do, spray finish and run most air tools. I use a blow gun a
lot
to clear chips off my lathe or to clear hollow turnings. My compressor
runs
only occasionally. Much better than one of the little ones kicking on
every
time I use the blowgun.

The small portable/pancake/stack tank models are primarily intended to
power
brad guns and nail guns and they do that very well. For much else, you
need
a bigger compressor. If you are using a mini air grinder, similar to a
dental drill, a small compressor could be enough. Just check the tool's
air
consumption requirements and buy the compressor that you need. It's not a
real problem to buy more compressor than you need, but the reverse of that
can be a real pain.

Barry

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello folks, need some advise. I want to get a small compressor to blow
air out of my turnings and use a small air sander. I have seen a Porter
Cable pancake one that comes with a brad nailer. It has received good
reviews for use with nailers but nothing about continuous/short burst
use. My wife will also use it when with a mini air grinder for her
scrollsaw/intarsia stuff.. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Guy