Norman D. Crow

"Silvan" wrote in message
Norman D. Crow wrote:

Has it warned you about the black ice in time to get off the road?

Not really. It helps me know when it's time to be thinking about it, but
the variables that make a road freeze or not freeze are more complicated
than the temperature of a probe taped to my mirror. It can be way below
freezing with puddles standing on the road, or it can be above freezing
with sheets of ice everywhere.

Yeah, but it at least lets you *think* about it. Buddy & I running I80 east,
closed down somewhere between foot of Snow Shoe & Buckhorn, so we detoured
up around Williamsport by 220 and I180(?), back on I80, watching the mirrors
for spray. About 2 mi. before Buckhorn the spray quit! He was about 1/2mi.
ahead, jacked it and put front end up on a guard rail. I was a little more
fortunate, got it to the side where there was a little roughness and got it
stopped, then sat there waiting to get clobbered, but didn't.

--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.