Paul Kierstead

Anonymous wrote:
Yes, it has the travel dial. What I am looking for is a way to block it
from going beyond a certain point. I can set the travel dial to show me
when I have gone a certain distance but what I want is a device that will
let me travel that distance and NO further.

The travel dial should have a knob/thingy to loosen it so it rotates
freely. Using this it will function as a depth stop. Basically, it stops
at zero, so if you adjust the dial so "zero" is at a different place,
you get a depth stop. Put a workpiece underneath; turn handles down
until bit contacts the piece; adjust the dial until it reads the desired
depth and lock the dial. There are other ways to muck with it too.

PK