woodgrinder

I suppose it may depend on the model. After I got it, I called Home
Depot and asked about mine, who said DeVilbiss made it, and I called
DeVilbiss tech support, who took the model and S/N of my unit and
confirmed that they made it. After doing 6 years of computer phone
support, I like to check out the support for things before I commit to
keeping them.

If it was C-H, I would avoid it. I had a C-H HVLP unit literally melt
down once. Home Depot replaced it, but that left a bad impression.
OK, maybe I'm picky. All right, doggone it, I *am* picky. I'm not
rich enough to throw my money away on junk.

Returning to the original poster's question: pancake compressors *are*
portable, they *are* relatively inexpensive, but they just don't have
enough storage capacity for paint spray or high-volume tools. They are
great for jobsite nailers and the like.

I can't give you a simple "get this or get that" answer. Think about
how you will use it in the future, and consider the long-term cost.
Will you ever spray paint, or other finish? How much space do you
have?

I myself opted for the 25 gal upright, because floor space is limited,
but I DO spray, and I also planned to use high-volume air tools. But
in your case, will life end because you choose a tool that someone else
might not? Naw, didn't think so. You could even be creative, like
Barry (below) and use add-ons. But you might want the whole schmeer at
once. What works best for you?

I think you've gotten a lot different viewpoints and options. My
advice is to hunt down a gool deal and get the best buy. Then post a
gloat!

John
Maker of Fine Wood chips and Sawdust