Zymurgy

Default Quick electrical question

Sneezy wrote:
I'd worry about killing some poor electrician/DIYer in the future because
I've made a set of connectors permanently live that shouldn't be :-S
Thoughts?

Heh. If you've terminated the live conector in a screw block in some
way, then the onus is on the person dismantling it to check if it's
live first, otherwise they shouldn't be in there.

Let's face it it's not hard to stick a neon screwdriver in, and I
check BOTH Live and Neutral - I've seen several live black wires :-0

I've also seen some nightmares up in some ceiling roses i've changed
over for friends &c. [1]

Cheers,

Paul.

[1] Like the lounge in a victorian house where a bundle of wires was
tied up and insulation taped together in a space between the lath and
plaster. Unravelled it and the kitchen light went out :-/