Martin H. Eastburn

jim rozen wrote:

In article , pyotr filipivich
says...

It is also my misfortune to currently live in a neighborhoods where two
bedroom apartments costs $850 a month.

I don't think there's a single one of those in all of NY state at
this point. You can easily pay the mortgage on an entire house
for what it costs in rent for a two bedroom apartment.

Heck, I can remember having to make due with only a black and white
television, no cell phone, and the only phone in the house was a rotary
dial model!

You had a *dial*? We still don't have those here.

:^)

Jim

When I moved into this place 16+ years ago, I was asked if I wanted a 1:4 party line
or the one single line left for this part of 'town'.
I took the single line. Then got another when available.
The phone company finally strung another cable from town. Oh, the town center
went to a digital switch from Relays 10 years ago. I talked to a phone man
about that - as I knew about ESS at the time - he said there were some phone
exchanges in Northern Ca. that refused automation. They still use 'hose and plug'
with an operator plugging the wall for everyone! Those were the days. Waiting
for an operator to answer! (Used to be that way for us and long distance.)

Martin [plugged in the Princess phone today when power went out for hours ]

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer