Robert Morein

"Ignoramus24153" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:32:14 -0500, Robert Morein

wrote:

"Ignoramus24153" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:11:34 GMT, toller wrote:

[snip]

The article went on for pages about ground loops or somesuch thing

(the
neutral being grounded in two different places). So, my suggestion

is
that
you find out if you can unbond your generator, since you are unlikely

find a transfer switch to switch both hot and neutral. There is no

need
ground the generator separately, since it's ground is not connected

anything except the house ground.

I will check and post updates. I am not sure just what possible
dangers to the generator could be created by unbonding.

I recently spoke to a professional electrician who confided that

although
prohibited by the NEC, multiple hot-neutral bonds are quite common. He

has
seen the question raised in professional meetings, and the answers were
always sketchy.

Hot-neutral bonds?????????????????

Oops!!!!