Doug Miller

In article , s wrote:
regarding Zyliss:

having worked with one for a while I'll chime in.

the people who have them and like them really like them.

Ayup.

I think a lot of them live under the bench most of the time gathering
dust.

Ayup. Hauled mine out earlier this afternoon, though. I don't need to use it
often, but when I do it's darn handy to have.

for what they are- a versatile lightweight workholding device- they
work well, but IMO are overpriced.

That's why I bought mine used on eBay instead of new at the Woodworking Show.

if you're looking for a heavy
machine vise, for get it.

Ayup.

for the price of a new one I'd rather have an emmert clone.

Yeah, well, for the price of a used one I'm pretty happy with the Z-vise. :-)

--
Regards,