Millers

mac davis wrote:
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 07:27:33 -0600, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

that's usually true, barry.. but in this case, the adapter is from
Oneway, not a cheap version...
I just couldn't see buying some kind of adapter for $50 or 60 to let
me use it on the Shopsmith once in a while without having to use 4
screws to change adapters on the chuck...
OTOH, if I was doing production work, I'd have multiple chucks and
adapt all the lathes to one arbor type/size... because then it would
be a waste of money to NOT get them standardized to keep up with
customer demand..

Just remember this: "If you try to economize, it's gonna cost you!"

Barry

"mac davis" wrote in message
. ..

On 26 Dec 2004 18:38:58 -0800, wrote:

Both Best Tools and Craft Supply (and probably others as well) sell
spindle adapters. You'd just screw it onto your Jet spindle and then
be able to screw your OneWay chucks on. Much faster and easier than
going into the chucks to change adapters.
They're about $50 to $60.
Tom Weber in Merritt Island, Florida.

now the $20 for the chuck adapter doesn't sound bad at all!

I looked on the sites suggested, but didn't see the adapter. Can you
point me to a specific page?

Thanks...

--
Kevin Miller