Barry N. Turner

Yes. They are quite portable. They don't take up nearly as much room in
the shop either. I had wondered if the small units were large enough for
any spray finishing. I have a Binks No. 7 spraygun and wondered if I would
be able to use it for small items, like pieces of furniture and turned
items. In the end, I decided not to take the chance and went for the
larger compressor.

Barry

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:47:47 -0600, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

The small portable/pancake/stack tank models are primarily intended to

power
brad guns and nail guns and they do that very well.

Don't forget portability. G

FWIW, I plumbed an extra Milton quick connect between my 6 gallon PC
pancake's pressure switch and regulator. When I need more capacity, I
snap in a Rigid 11 gallon tank, the compressor will then charge all 17
gallons of tank to 135 PSI. I keep the portable tank charged. When
I need more capacity, I simply plug it in and open the valve. The
portable tank will also inflate a lot of tires, shoot plenty of finish
nails, etc... and it's always ready to go somewhere else.

This works quite well with blowguns, larger nailers, and small
sprayers, like the Critter, without losing much portability.

For completely stationary use, I'd go for one of the oil lubed, 60
gallon, 220 volt units that goes for about $450 at the BORGs.

Barry