Steve Spence

No, I don't touch the breaker box. I don't have a separate breaker for
the generator. I'm on inverter until I turn on the generator. the auto
transfer switch then switches the loads from inverter to generator.
There are two relays in the box, one switches the two hots, the other
switches the neutral. when the gen is shut off, it switches the loads
back to inverter.

you can see a picture of it at
http://www.green-trust.org/wiki/inde...olar_PV_System

Steve Spence
Dir., Green Trust
http://www.green-trust.org

toller wrote:
"Steve Spence" wrote in message

Our transfer switch switches both hots and the neutral.

Steve Spence
Dir., Green Trust
http://www.green-trust.org

Actually I don't think it does. You change from mains to generator by
turning the mains breaker off and the generator breaker on. The neutral
doesn't have a switch on it that I saw.