Sneezy

Default Quick electrical question

wrote in :

In uk.d-i-y, Lurch wrote:

I could just bung two wires in one connector

Do this one. You worry too much!

aolWhat he said/aol

Plenty of room for two 1mmsq wires in the one hole.

True but I was thinking about the screw. If the wires are on top of each
other will the screw exert enough force to stop the bottom wiring pulling
out? If the wires are side-by-side the screw might go down the middle and
push the wires against the sides of the hole. I worry too much, I think too
much I'll do two in one hole - I have your names if the house burns down

Leave the outer
holes for the pendant flex, as the route for the strain relief is
designed to work best that way (you see those funny little "wings"
towards the outside of the rose? you're supposed to run the blue &
brown wires of the flex through those, so that the wires wrapping
nearly 180degrees around them take the weight of the lampshade etc.,
leaving the screwed electrical connections without any force trying to
pull the wires out over the next 5-10 years ;-)

So how would I make the light safe to swing from then?

--
john

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand
what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not
understand." - Putt's Law