On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:58:54 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

I bought 5/8" copper-clad steel ground rods for $8.xx earlier in the
year, but for the past couple of months or more they have been $13.xx at
the same store. The price of steel products has been skyrocketing,
allegedly because of the construction boom in China.

Don't forget the higher steel taxes the Unions had imposed on all
steel imports.

Perce

On 12/27/04 01:10 pm Bughunter tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I bought some ground rod this spring, and I seem to recall that they were
about
$8 for an 8' length. It's a simple steel rod, sharpened point and coated
with copper.

I was surprised how inexpensive it was.