Lurch

Default Quick electrical question

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 21:54:28 GMT, in uk.d-i-y Sneezy
strung together this:

I could just bung two wires in one connector

Do this one. You worry too much!

You've noticed huh Why they dont add an extra connector - 3/3/2 - I dont
know. Plenty of room for one.

I briefly thought that once but in the olden days when they were
invented there was only loop in, loop out and switch. They only had
one light per room, no fans, outside lights etc.. and other items
tacked on the lighting circuits. This meant that there would be 1
switched live, 3 permanent lives and 2 neutrals, (1,3,2). Add the flex
either end and that's 2,3,3.
When I started out I did a lot of site work so all three lives went in
one terminal, both neutrals in another and the switchwire in t'other,
quickest way works a charm, and we were on price!
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.