On 27 Dec 2004 17:35:58 GMT, Ignoramus24153
wrote:

I am aware that "all generators must be grounded". In the instance of
a standby portable generator like this

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/onan/Diesel/

how would I ground it? I have two options:

1. Ground it to a new grounding rod (expensive and involves actual
work).

2. Ground it to the home grounding system, such as copper pipes in the
utility room, or even better next to the existing home ground
connection.

Which option here is more legal and more safe?

thanks

I believe like any sub-panel, the ground must run back to the main
panel. Sorry that I can't remember what article this is in, maybe
someone else can help with that.

later,

tom @ www.Stuff4Free.biz