regarding Zyliss:

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:52:08 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Doug Miller" writes:
Guess again. They typically go for over $50 on eBay, $75 to $100 with a

full
set of accessories.

What's the old saying about a fool and his money?

If you paid me $10 to take one of those toys, I'd probably pass unless I had
one of those e-bay type buyers lined up.

YMMV

Lew

having worked with one for a while I'll chime in.

the people who have them and like them really like them.

I think a lot of them live under the bench most of the time gathering
dust.

for what they are- a versatile lightweight workholding device- they
work well, but IMO are overpriced. if you're looking for a heavy
machine vise, for get it.

for the price of a new one I'd rather have an emmert clone.