toller

You are connecting this to your home wiring with a transfer switch that
switches only the hot connection. Is that correct?

I used to have a link to a long article that went into extreme detail and
all that, but have misplaced it. Oh well. Anyhow...

If your generator ground is bonded to generator neutral, you MUST use a
transfer switch that switches both hot and neutral, and you MUST ground the
generator.

If your generator is not bonded (and no normally available generators are
bonded afaik, but your monster...) then you can switch only the hot and MUST
NOT ground the generator.

The article went on for pages about ground loops or somesuch thing (the
neutral being grounded in two different places). So, my suggestion is that
you find out if you can unbond your generator, since you are unlikely to
find a transfer switch to switch both hot and neutral. There is no need to
ground the generator separately, since it's ground is not connected to
anything except the house ground.