Tim Killian

It's fortunate that nobody was hurt. This reminds me of the yokels at
Lockheed who removed bolts holding a $240 million satellite to its
rotating support stand and forgot to tell anyone about it. Another crew
came in the next day and, without checking, decided to tip the stand 90
degrees -- bam!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

All in a day's work I suppose!

B.B. wrote:
This was at my dad's work. They were moving an F-16 with a crane
when there was a loud pop. Naturally, they stopped the crane, and
unnaturally a bunch of people started walking around the plane to figure
out what had popped. Including roaming around beneath it.
Nobody found anything, so everyone got back and they started moving
the whole thing again. A second later, popoh****wham! F16 on the floor
with a few million in damage to it.
Turns out when they recently overhauled the cranes there someone
ordered a wrong bolt--was off by one line in the chart. So the
connection between the hook and the pulleys wasn't strong enough and
gave way.
They're extremely lucky the thing didn't fall on those idiots under
it. At that time it was down to one half-sheared bolt holding up the
whole weight.