SQLit

"Evon" wrote in message
link.net...
New house, ( for us), water heater is gas and about 5 years old. When we

are
away for days, I turn the well pump off and turn the water heater down to
low. When I return, the blow valve at the top of the heater has let water
escape on to the floor. I put a bucket under it and get maybe 1 or 2 cups

of
water. When we are home I never notice it blow off. The bucket stays dry?
Anyone have any ideas?

Water pressure falls and allows a space in the heater.

Turn the heater off with the pump and you will not have any more problems.

Might not hurt to change the TP valve. They are not designed for general
use.