John Willis

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 00:02:51 -0600, "effi" scribbled
this interesting note:

"William Deans" wrote in message
news:1104079996.e9b225753d87406f8b841fda8e34f8ca@ teranews...
Greetings,

Latex admixture for concrete costs many fold what cheap latex paint costs
($4/gallon). What would happen if I just used latex paint instead? Yes,
know it probably won't be as good as the special purpose admixture-- but
how
far off are we talking about?

Thank you for your time,
William

looks like the department of transportation uses WLP (waste platex paint) in
concrete used for barricades
http://www.productstewardship.us/sup...nPaintUses.ppt
and its benefits are similar to using virgin latex

Just did a search of my own and turned this up:
http://www.csr.org/wdo_reports/finalreport.pdf

Seems to indicate that latex paint in concrete in promising, but more
work needs to be done to study it and improve on the few complications
noted.

Perhaps I'll give this a try when I finish patching up my own
driveway!:~)

--
John Willis
(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)