Andrew Mawson

"Huge" wrote in message
John Rumm writes:
roger wrote:

Suppliers have had to report purchasers for yonks. Back in 1977

when I

A few years ago I bought a DVD player for my SIL at a local Tesco.

They
insisted that I *had* to fill in a form with my name and address on

it.
It was fairly obvious from the form that it was for TV license
reporting. I attempted to explain to them that a DVD player was not

able
to receive TV transmission and hence there was absolutely no
circumstance that it could need a license. They were having none of
it... Since I needed the unit there and then, and it was past

closing
time in most shops, I gave them an address in then end, and they

were
happy. Just as well they did not read too carefully what I wrote.

;-)

The last time I bought a TV (in John Lewis) I refused point blank to

fill
out the TVLRO form, pointing out that I have a TV license. The droid

on
the till did not press the point.

I bought a monitor from PC World a year ago and they insisted on an
address - so I gave them the Labour Party in Millbank Towers SW1 ! The
'highly trained member of staff' on the till never batted an eyelid
!!!

AWEM