Gerald Ross

Default DP depth stop / quill stop

Anonymous wrote:

The drill press I bought (and am beginning to regret my haste in
purchasing) has neither a depth stop nor a quill stop. It is okay for
drilling through holes but not for drilling matched depth holes. Does
anyone know of an aftermarket source for such devices? I think it would
look like a threaded rod attached to a fixed bottom plate that would
travel with the quill and an upper guide plate permanently affixed to
the housing with a nut above and below to limit travel of the quill.

I can almost 'see' the durned thing with my minds eye but I don't have any
metalworking tools (or metal stock) up to the task. I could get the stock
at Production Tool or even from 'found steel' near just about any factory
near me, but the tools are well beyond my budget.

In fact, would anybody (with the appropriate tools and skills) be willing
to work up a prototype from my drawings?

Bill

Does it not have the little wheel with numbers on it that
turns as the quill comes down?

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA