Red Neckerson

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote
wrote in message
oups.com...
Still researching circulator pumps (pre wired). I've narrowed it down
to Grundfos Circulator Pumps and Taco Circulator Pumps. I can find
them cheapest online he

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/ProductList.aspx?ID=536

Anyone had a bad experience with either brand before I pull the
trigger?

Thanks in advance!

Easy choice. Comparing a Fiat and a Mercedes. My house had Grundfos
when I moved in. Many years (maybe 20+) later one failed and I had to
replace it. I bought a Taco because it was readily available. I may
toss (noisy) it and put a Grundfos back in. When it runs in the other
zone I can hear it in my bedroom.

Sounds like the installer didn't install it properly.

I have installed hundreds of cartridge circulators (Grunds, Tacos, B&Gs,
etc) and they are all basically the same. I have probably installled more
Tacos than anything else and unless there is a problem with the loop (air,
restriction, etc.), you cannot hear them running unless you have your ear
right on it.

BTW, I have a 1974 Fiat that runs fine......

;-]