Frank

"Al Holstein" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 29 year old Craftmans RA that I am using. I used it to build
my own kitchen cabinets, without any problems. Ripped all of the
shelving and face frames, including oak trim for all of the shelves.

My TS broke down a few years ago and I had to do some ripping with the RAS
to finish off a project. Ripping with the RAS is one of the most intimating
power tool operations I ever experienced. Funny I could cut trees with my
chain saw all day long and think nothing of it but ripping even one sheet of
wood on the RAS scares the bee gees out of me.

There are time that I would like to have a TS but don't want to give
the space in my garage. Have a drill press, band saw, and jointer and
have made it without a TS. But I only work as a hobby.

If I were to try and make more of woodworking than a hobby that I would
like to have one.

Al