Patriarch

Dooler wrote in news:9l4vs0hubcjsbeoplj5goik7ivk3jeld83
@4ax.com:

My initial inclination for $200 for a table saw was I had seen them
cheaper (Sears) and figured this would be a good mid range. Guess
not.

Mid range for a table saw is up about $1000 from there. Your RAS will do
just fine for some time. You may never decide that you need to spend the
bigger money.

I looked at the book that Rumpty recommended and I might go that route
as it look like a very detailed book.

Rumpty knows RAS as well as anyone who hangs out here, and far better than
most. It's not the tool I'd recommend starting with, if it meant digging
into the wallet, but you have one, it was your Dad's, and that's a far
different story.

Go slowly on the new tool purchases, until you sort out what you already
have. Cleaning up Dad's old tools is a healthy endeavor in any case.

Patriarch