igor

This is a lot more replies than I had expected -- one never knows. All
very helpful. Thanks everyone.

A couple of comments. I did call Grizzly and they said that it is OK to
lay the box on its side. As a couple of people noted, it apparently even
ships on its side. I live in a rowhouse in a metro area, so its not quite
suburban and certainly not country. (For example, Fedex and UPS have
standing orders from me (which they sometimes forget) to leave nothing at
the door if no one is here.) OTOH, many of the suggestions made me think
back to the suburban house I grew up in, with my Dad's garage workshop
right at driveway level -- drive up and drop.

I am hopeful that the driver will provide at least some basic help, and as
noted by many, 198# is rather manageable. But I always like to be prepared
in case, for whatever reason, he is content to do nothing. My experience,
to date, even with companies that say "curb-side only" is that the drivers
do help. I got one delivery that was about 3K pounds in 70 pound packages
and unexpectedly the driver took one for about everyone I took - including
6 steps up to the front porch. Tools go up just two steps from the
sidewalk and then down 7 to the basement. Having a hand truck with large
air-filled tires - versus the small hard wheels - helps a lot both up and
down.

Again, thanks for all of the observations and anecdotes. And for those of
you who wrestled the tools with your wife's help, I am especially
impressed. -- Igor