Al Reynolds

"Dave Walsh" wrote:
Hey all, Im looking for advice on garden fencing. The lenght would be
about 70m. Its the back garden and would enclose an area as a run for the
dog. We've been quoted 6500 Euro say about £5000 for picket fencing about
4' high. This included one 12' gate and two 3' doorways. I would like to
know what you guys thought about this...Should I look at other options??
Any of you have any ideas that would suit??..

Sounds a lot for picket fencing.

Last time I paid for fencing it was 6' closeboard fencing
and it worked out around £25+VAT per yard (no gates).
That would make your job not much more than £2k. I
would say that picket fencing ought to cost less.

You could DIY of course, but you need to have the time
(and a suitable nailgun I would imagine).

Al