Dave Walsh

Default Advice on garden fencing

Hey all, Im looking for advice on garden fencing. The lenght would be about
70m. Its the back garden and would enclose an area as a run for the dog.
We've been quoted 6500 Euro say about £5000 for picket fencing about 4'
high. This included one 12' gate and two 3' doorways. I would like to know
what you guys thought about this...Should I look at other options?? Any of
you have any ideas that would suit??..

Thanks in advance

Dave W.

Al Reynolds

"Dave Walsh" wrote:
Hey all, Im looking for advice on garden fencing. The lenght would be
about 70m. Its the back garden and would enclose an area as a run for the
dog. We've been quoted 6500 Euro say about £5000 for picket fencing about
4' high. This included one 12' gate and two 3' doorways. I would like to
know what you guys thought about this...Should I look at other options??
Any of you have any ideas that would suit??..

Sounds a lot for picket fencing.

Last time I paid for fencing it was 6' closeboard fencing
and it worked out around £25+VAT per yard (no gates).
That would make your job not much more than £2k. I
would say that picket fencing ought to cost less.

You could DIY of course, but you need to have the time
(and a suitable nailgun I would imagine).

Al

Alan

In message , Dave Walsh
wrote
Hey all, Im looking for advice on garden fencing. The lenght would be about
70m. Its the back garden and would enclose an area as a run for the dog.
We've been quoted 6500 Euro say about £5000 for picket fencing about 4'
high. This included one 12' gate and two 3' doorways. I would like to know
what you guys thought about this...Should I look at other options?? Any of
you have any ideas that would suit??..

Most medium size dogs will have no problems clearing a 4 foot fence.

--
Alan

r.p.mcmurphy

"Dave Walsh" wrote in message
Hey all, Im looking for advice on garden fencing. The lenght would be
about 70m. Its the back garden and would enclose an area as a run for the
dog. We've been quoted 6500 Euro say about £5000 for picket fencing about
4' high. This included one 12' gate and two 3' doorways. I would like to
know what you guys thought about this...Should I look at other options??
Any of you have any ideas that would suit??..

Thanks in advance

Dave W.

ive just paid 900pounds (all in)for 150meters in sheepnet and one rail along
the top. it took 3men one and a half days to do it.

Steve

Dave Walsh

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , Dave Walsh
wrote
Hey all, Im looking for advice on garden fencing. The lenght would be
about
70m. Its the back garden and would enclose an area as a run for the dog.
We've been quoted 6500 Euro say about £5000 for picket fencing about 4'
high. This included one 12' gate and two 3' doorways. I would like to know
what you guys thought about this...Should I look at other options?? Any of
you have any ideas that would suit??..

Most medium size dogs will have no problems clearing a 4 foot fence.

--
Alan

its a small dog

Alan wrote:
In message , Dave Walsh
wrote
Hey all, Im looking for advice on garden fencing. The lenght would

be about
70m. Its the back garden and would enclose an area as a run for the

dog.
We've been quoted 6500 Euro say about =A35000 for picket fencing

about 4'
high. This included one 12' gate and two 3' doorways. I would like

to know
what you guys thought about this...Should I look at other options??

Any of
you have any ideas that would suit??..

Most medium size dogs will have no problems clearing a 4 foot fence.

--
Alan

Hmm- that alarms me a bit. We've new neighbours and they've already
****ed me off ripping out the hedge between us and installing badly a
6ft high fence to keep two great danes in. Will it do so I now ask?
Rob

Steve Harris

For comparison, let's say you were to make 70m of fence out of 6'x6'
larch-lap type panels. Each panel, post, etc. would cost you 25uk pounds
max and you'd need about 40 of them so that's 1000 pounds.

If carefully erected in a not too windy site, it will outlive the dog.

Steve
Owain

Rob wrote
Alan wrote:
Most medium size dogs will have no problems clearing a 4 foot fence.

Hmm- that alarms me a bit. We've new neighbours and they've already
****ed me off ripping out the hedge between us and installing badly a
6ft high fence to keep two great danes in. Will it do so I now ask?

Probably, provided

(a) the dogs are well trained
(b) you don't leave any sausages unattended

Owain