TURTLE

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
My son has a Bryant furnace about 10 years old. Within the past 2
weeks started having an intermittent problem. The furnace doesn't
always recycle on after being off. He's replaced both the thermostat
(Honeywell) and now the igniter. Sometimes it comes back on like it

is
suppose to, other times (especially at night), it doesn't. When it
doesn't come on, there is nothing -- no blower, no flame, nothing.

Any suggestions.

He recently had a new baby so money is tight.

Shirley

Thanks to most who have tried to answer my question.

I should mention this is a gas furnace. Maybe I'm not using the right
terminology -- with igniter. This furnace does not have a pilot light.
It has electronic ignition that starts the furnace when needed.

I guess I don't quite understand some of the answers I received -- like
where does he get his fuel? It's all natural gas.
Merry Christmas.

Shirley

This is Turtle.

Shirley , There is times when thing become out of your control and your going to
have to call someone in that knows about a problem that is hard to determine by
the home owner. Now this time has arose right now. You have a Hard Lock out like
HvacTech2 said , you need to add a isolation relay in the 24 volt circuit , or
you have a air flow restriction problem. The first 2 will have to be done with a
HVAC service company but the third one came be done by you. Check the air filter
to see that it is clean and them check all the discharge register in each room
to see that they are all open to let the air out. If you have a dirty filter or
too many registers closed off. The furnace will hard lock out on longer runs at
nite when it gets colder. Now i can go into the chgecking the temperature rise
but I feel my words would be waisted unless you really knew something about the
system to tell what it was.

So Check the filter and the discharge register in each room for being too many
closed off and if ok. Bit the Bullet and call a hvac service company to come see
about the hard lock out problem or needing a isolation relay put in there.

TURTLE