Sam Goldwasser

"Synapse" writes:

Thanks again for the replies. I have to go to a Christmas party today
and cannot have fun with the oven, unfortunately. But tomorrow, I will
try out my new present, a multimeter. It has a 500V setting, which I
will try. I will also read the directions first. All this takes time,
which these darn parties use up so well !

The oven is placed at floor level, and is tightly inserted in
between floor level cabinets/drawers. I see 2 screws on the top of the
control panel, and can feel but not see 2 screws on the back of the
control panel. I'm going to have to pull the oven out at least 6 inches
just to get to the screws on the back.

BTW, the flat metal "spade" pieces on the ends of the leads for the
bake element are sort of burned/melted. I hope to be able to use them
again. We'll see.

Those connections must be very secure or else they will melt. Make sure
they are tight going onto the new element. Squeeze them a bit with a
pair of pliers if necessary.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Thanks again for the info, everyone ! I'll be back with more
questions / results.