Lee Gordon

Barry ...

FWIW, 198 pounds isn't that heavy. (2) 2x6x12's would let you slide
the saw easily from the rig deck to the ground quite easily. You can
drive nails though the boards into the pavement or ground to keep the
boards in place. Most drivers would help you stabilize the package as
it slides down the ramp. The two of you would be standing on the
ground.

I got my 265 pound bandsaw package out of my trailer and into the shop
alone, but I'm 220-230 lbs. G

It must depend on how that 220-230 lbs is distributed. g That's about
how much I weigh too but, while it took just the two of us to load my
(formerly your) jointer (about 265 lbs worth, I'm guessing) onto my van, I
needed to trick .. er, recruit ... two warm bodies to help me unload it.

Lee